- About Us
- Research & Data
- Publications & Forms
- Education & Outreach
- For Fishermen/Dealers
- For SEFSC Personnel
Supervisory Fishery Biologist/Branch Chief, Fisheries Sampling Branch (FSB), Fisheries Statistics Division/
- As Branch Chief for the SESFC Fisheries Statistics Division Fisheries Sampling Branch (FSB), Larry supervises Southeast Port Agents in the collection of fisheries landings and processed product statistics, as well as dockside collection of detailed catch/effort data and biosampling via the Trip Interview Program (TIP). The FSB also includes the Pelagic Observer Program, which is responsible for at-sea sampling of the U.S. Atlantic Pelagic Longline Fleet.
Beerkircher, L.R., D.W. Lee, and G.F. Hinteregger. 2008. Roundscale spearfish Tetrapturus georgii (Lowe 1840); morphology, distribution, and relative abundance in the western North Atlantic. Bull. Mar. Sci. 82(1):155-170.
Beerkircher, L., C.A. Brown, and V. Restrepo. 2009. Pelagic observer program data summary, Gulf of Mexico bluefin tuna (Thunnus thynnus) spawning season 2007 and 2008; and analysis of observer coverage levels. NOAA Technical Memorandum NMFS-SEFSC-588.
Beerkircher, L, F. Arocha, A. Barse, E. Prince, V. Restrepo, J. Serafy, and M. Shivji. 2009. Effects of species misidentification on population assessment of overfished white marlin Tetrapturus albidus and roundscale spearfish T. georgii. End. Sp. Res. 9:81-90.
Find More NOAA Staff
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback