- About Us
- Research & Data
- Publications & Forms
- Education & Outreach
- For Fishermen/Dealers
- For SEFSC Personnel
John T. Lamkin
Protected Resources Division, Early Life History
- 305 361-4226
- University of Miami, Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science, Ph.D. Biological Oceanography
- Texas A&M University, M.S. Fisheries Science
- Texas A&M University, B.S. Wildlife & Fisheries Science
- Use of Oceanographic Data to Improve the Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Fisheries Management Decision Making
- Predicting the effects of climate change on bluefin tuna (Thunnus thynnus) spawning in the Gulf of Mexico using downscaled climate models
- Applying Bio-physical Monitoring and Capacity Assessments to Mesoamerican Reef MPAs
Lamkin, John T., Richards, W.J., Brown C., and Brinn, R. 2009. Seasonal and Spatial abundance and assemblages of Ichthyoplankton, Kuwait Waters 2002-2005. NOAA Tech Memo. 59pp.
Lamkin, John T. 2005 Chapter 195. Suborder Stromateoidei. In: W. J. Richards, Ed. Laboratory guide for the identification of the early life history stages of fishes from the western central Atlantic. Lawrence, Kansas, Allen Press, Inc.
Muhling, B., J. T. Lamkin, M. Roffer 2010. Predicting the occurrence of bluefin tuna (Thunnus thynnus) larvae in the northern Gulf of Mexico: Building a classification model from archival data. Fish. Ocean. 19:6, pp 526-539.
G. Walter Ingram, W. Richards, C. Porch, V. Restrepo, J. Lamkin, B. Muhling, G. Scott, and S. Turner. 2008. Annual indices of bluefin tuna (Thunnus thynnus) Spawning biomass in the Gulf of Mexico developed using delta-lognormal and multivariate models. SCRS/2008/086
Lamkin, J. T. & W. J. Richards. 2000. A brief review and current status of bluefin tuna larval ecology. In Proceedings of a workshop on the biology of bluefin tuna in the mid-Atlantic. M. Lutcavage & B. E. Luckhurst, Convenors. Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
Find More NOAA Staff
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback