- About Us
- Research & Data
- Publications & Forms
- Education & Outreach
- For Fishermen/Dealers
- For SEFSC Personnel
Beaufort, NC Lab Galveston, TX/Lafayette, LA Lab Miami, FL Lab Panama City, FL Lab Pascagoula/Stennis, MS Labs
Eric D. Prince, Ph.D.
Unit Leader, Highly Migratory Species Biology
- B.S, University of the Pacific
- M.S., Humboldt State University
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech
- Adjunct Professor, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, University of Miami
- Oxygen minimum zones in the tropical seas--impacts on pelagic predators
- Biology of Istiophorid billfish
- Circle hook conservation biology of pelagic predators
- Movement and migration of pelagic predators
- PRINCE, E. D. D. W. Lee, J.R. Zweifel, and E. B. Brothers. 1991. Estimating age and growth of young Atlantic blue marlin Makaira nigraicans from otolith microstructure. Fishery Bulletin, U.S. 89: 442-459.
- PRINCE, E.D., M. Ortiz, A. Venizelos, and D. S. Rosenthal. 2002. In-water conventional tagging techniques developed by the Cooperative Tagging Center for large, highly migratory species. American Fisheries Society Symposium 30: 155-171.
- PRINCE, E.D., M. Ortiz, and A. Venizelos. 2002. A comparison of circle hook and "j" hook performance in recreational catch-and-release fisheries for billfish. American Fisheries Society Symposium 30: 66-79.
- ORITZ, M., E. D. Prince, J.E. Serafy, D. B. Holts, K. B. Davy, J. G. Pepperell, M. B. Lowry, and J. C. Holdsworth. 2003. Global overview of the major constitutent-based billfish tagging programs and their results since 1954. Marine and Freshwater Research, 54: 489-507.
- PRINCE, E. D., R. K. Cowen, E. S. Orbesen, S. A. Luthy, J. K. Llopiz, D. E. Richardson, and J. E. Serafy. 2005. Movements and spawning of white marlin (Tetrapturus albidus) and blue marlin (Makaira nigricans) off Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Fishery Bulletin.103: 659-669.
- PRINCE, E. D., and C. P. Goodyear. 2006. Hypoxia-based habitat compression of tropical pelagic fishes. 2006. Fisheries Oceanography. 15(6): 451-464.
- PRINCE, E. D., D. B. Holts, D. Snodgrass, E. S. Orbesen, J. Luo, M. L. Domeier and J. E. Serafy. 2006. Transboundary movement of sailfish, Istiophorous platypterus, off the Pacific coast of central America. Bulletin Marine Science, 79(3): 827-838.
- PRINCE, E. D., D. Snodgrass, E. S. Orbesen, J. P. Hoolihan, J.E. Serafty, and J.C. Schratwieser. 2007. Circle hooks, J hooks, and drop-back time: a hook performance study of the south Florida recreational live-bait fishery for sailfish. Fish. Manage. & Ecology. 14: 173-182.
- PRINCE, E. D. AND C. P. Goodyear. 2006. Consequences of ocean scale hypoxia constrained habitat for tropical pelagic fishes. Gulf and Caribbean Research. 19(2): 17-20.
- PRINCE, E. D., J. Luo, C.P. Goodyear, J.P. Hoolihan, D. Snodgrass, E.S. Orbesen, J.E. Serafy, M. Ortiz, and M.J. Schirripa. 2010. Ocean scale hypoxia-based habitat compression of Istiophorid billfishes. Fisheries Oceanography. 19(6): 448-462.
Find More NOAA Staff
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback