- About Us
- Research & Data
- Publications & Forms
- Education & Outreach
- For Fishermen/Dealers
- For SEFSC Personnel
David W. Carter, Ph.D.
Economist, Social Science Research Group
- Ph.D. Resource Economics, University of Florida
- M.S. Resource Economics, University of Florida
- B.B.A. Economics, Stetson University
- sportfishing valuation and forecasting
- Carter, D.W. and C. Liese. 2012. The Economic Value of Catching and Keeping or Releasing Saltwater Sport Fish in the Southeast USA. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 32(4): 613-25. supporting material
Carter, D.W. and C. Liese. 2010. Hedonic Valuation of Sportfishing Harvest. Marine Resource Economics 25(4): 391-407. supporting material
Carter, D.W. and D. Letson. 2009. Structural Vector Error Correction Modeling of Integrated Sportfishery Data. Marine Resource Economics 24(1):19-41.supporting material
Carter, D.W. 2003. Protected Areas in Marine Resource Management: Another Look at the Economics and Research Issues. Ocean and Coastal Management 46(5):439-456.
- Additional publications from the social science research group
Find More NOAA Staff
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback