- About Us
- Research & Data
- Publications & Forms
- Education & Outreach
- For Fishermen/Dealers
- For SEFSC Personnel
Beaufort, NC Lab Galveston, TX/Lafayette, LA Lab Miami, FL Lab Panama City, FL Lab Pascagoula/Stennis, MS Labs
Mountainous Star Coral (Montastraea faveolata)
Mountainous Star Coral
Photo Credit: NOAA SEFSC
(click photo for high resolution image)
- Candidate for Endangered Species Act (ESA) listing - throughout its range
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Cnidaria
- Class: Anthozoa
- Order: Scleractinia
- Family: Faviidae
- Genus: Montastraea
- Species: faveolata
- NOAA's Southeast Fisheries Science coordinated a multi-institutional effort to document coral spawning from August 26-September 1, 2010, in the upper region of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary (FKNMS)
- On-going Research (need to update)
- Benthic Ecosystem Assessment & Research
- Acropora Corals
» Demographic Monitoring
» Acropora Disease
- Coral Early Life History and Climate Change Impacts
- Aquarius Coral Restoration/Resilience Experiments (ACRRE)
- Reef and Fisheries Assessment of Navassa Island National Wildlife Refuge
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback