- About Us
- Research & Data
- Publications & Forms
- Education & Outreach
- For Fishermen/Dealers
- For SEFSC Personnel
Demographic monitoring of Acropora corals
The demographic monitoring protocols for threatened Caribbean Acropora spp. corals (Williams et al. 2006) was developed to foster partnerships in other regions where directly comparable Acropora population data could be collected. The following sites and products have resulted from our own and partners' (Puerto Rico DNR, SeaMester, Scripps Inst of Oceanography) efforts to collect comparable demographic data range-wide.
Map showing general locations where demographic monitoring protocol has been used to collect Acropora palmata population data
Image Courtesy of Google Earth
- Vardi T, Williams DE (2010) Lessons from Jamaica? Initial signs of Acropora palmata recovery using population matrix modeling . Linking Science to Management: A Conference and Workshop on the Florida Keys Marine Ecosystem, Duck Key
- Semon K, Wheaton J, Williams DE, et al. (2010) Monitoring and mapping of threatened acroporid corals in U. S. jurisdiction: development of a multi-state conservation program . Linking Science to Management: A Conference and Workshop on the Florida Keys Marine Ecosystem, Duck Key
- Schärer M, Nemeth M, Valdivia A, et al. (2009) Elkhorn coral distribution and condition throughout the Puerto Rican archipelago . Proceedings of the 11th International Coral Reef Symposium: 815-819
- Kramer KL, Williams DE, Miller MW, et al. (2009) Demographic comparison of threatened Elkhorn coral, Acropora palmata, in the Caribbean: A case study in successful volunteer partnerships in a regional-scale monitoring program . Proceedings of the 11th International Coral Reef Symposium: 765-769
- Williams DE, Miller MW, Kramer KL (2006) Demographic monitoring protocols for threatened Caribbean Acropora spp. corals. NOAA Technical Memorandum NMFS-SEFSC-543
- Benthic Ecosystem Assessment & Research
- Acropora Corals
» Demographic Monitoring
» Acropora Disease
- Coral Early Life History and Climate Change Impacts
- Aquarius Coral Restoration/Resilience Experiments (ACRRE)
- Reef and Fisheries Assessment of Navassa Island National Wildlife Refuge
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback