- Panama City Lab Home
- About the Panama City Lab
- Education and Outreach
- Fisheries Biology
- Reef Fish Survey
- Marine Protected
- Observer Programs
- Protected Species
The purpose of the Library is to meet the literature and information needs of the laboratory's researchers. It also serves other agencies and the community at large (by appointment) as a center of information on the subjects of fisheries, marine biology, oceanography and ecology.
The collection consists of approximately 4,000 book volumes, 400 periodical titles, and 8,000 technical reports. Additionally, the library subscribes to a multitude of journals via electronic access. Special collections include publications on the local estuary, St. Andrew Bay, a species information file and 35mm slide collection.
View the NOAA Library Catalog (includes holdings from all the NOAA Libraries).
Search the NMFS-SEFSC Publication Series
Staff Publications and Reports
The Library maintains a list of publications of the laboratory's research staff, 1972 to present. PDF's are available upon request.
Panama City Laboratory Staff Publications.
Loans and photocopies are available through interlibrary loan. No fees are charged to other libraries. The Library uses the OCLC interlibrary loan system. The Library's OCLC symbol is FD6.
Library Web-Based Bibliographic Databases
These databases were created by Rosalie Shaffer. They are made available through the assistance of the NOAA AOML Library in Miami, Florida.
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback