- Beaufort Lab Home
- About the Beaufort Lab
- Fisheries Ecosystems
- Protected Resources
- Sustainable Fisheries
- Education & Outreach
Roldan C. Muņoz
Research Fishery Biologist
Fisheries Ecosystems Branch
Roldan’s expertise is in reef fish community and behavioral ecology, reproductive ecology, and molecular genetics. Current and recent research include a study of hogfish (Lachnolaimus maximus) reproduction and habitat utilization in the Florida Keys, warm-temperate, rocky reef (hardbottom) community characterization off North Carolina, prey community effects of the invasive red lionfish (Pterois volitans/miles) off North Carolina, and the molecular genetics of reef fishes from the U.S. South Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico.
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback