- About Us
- Research & Data
- Publications & Forms
- Education & Outreach
- For Fishermen/Dealers
- For SEFSC Personnel
The SEFSC is one of six NMFS centers around the country responsible for Federal marine fishery research programs. The SEFSC leadership includes:
Director of Southeast Fisheries Science Center
Dr. Bonnie Ponwith
Deputy Director of Southeast Fisheries Science Center
Dr. Theo Brainerd
- Fisheries Statistics Division
» Chief: Dr. Steve Turner
- Protected Resources and Biodiversity Division
» Chief: Dr. Jim Bohnsack
- Sustainable Fisheries Division
» Chief: Dr. Clay Porch
Leadership at the SEFSC Labs
How Do I...?
- Distinguish a white marlin from a spearfish
- How do I report a stranded/ beached whale, dolphin, or turtle?
- How do I report a lionfish sighting?
- Access SouthEast Data, Assessment, and Review (SEDAR)
- How do I report for my fishing/dealer permit requirements?
- How do I report a retrieved tag?
- How do I find current fishery closures?
- How do I adopt a billfish?
- How do I register my billfish tournament?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- Visit the SEFSC library
- How do I find NOAA staff?
- How do I apply for grant funding?
- How do I request permission to use a photo found on the website?
- How do I find It? Provide Website Feedback